I can be reached at either building throughout the day but I normally start at Melrose first thing. My extension at Melrose is 109 and at Lawn is 209. I travel back and forth between buildings throughout the day.


Important Message to Parents with Children Entering 7th Grade
Important Message to Parents with Children Entering Kindergarten
Important Message to Parents with Children Entering Childcare and Pre-Schools

Nurse's Home Page

November 2014 Adults need Vaccinations too!

Getting immunized is a lifelong, life-protecting job. Don't leave your healthcare provider's office without making sure you've had all the vaccinations you need.

Vaccines you do need:

Influenza : A dose every fall or winter is recommended for your protection and for the protection of others around you. New England's official flu season is March, but we have seen cases earlier.

SAVE THE DATE NOVEMBER 5 TH IS JAMESTOWN'S FLU CLINIC. * Entry requirement for all Pre K students effective August 2015.

Tetanus, diphtheria, whooping cough (Pertussis) aka Tdap/Td : All adults need to get Tdap vaccine (adult whooping cough) and women need to get a dose during each pregnancy. It is recommended that adult family members receive a booster if they are going to be caring for newborn. After that, you need a Td booster dose every 10 years. Consult your health care provider if you haven't had at least 3 tetanus and diphtheria shots sometime in your life or have a deep/dirty wound or bite from a human or animal that has broken the skin.

Vaccines you may need but this is a discussion you have with your provider to see if these are warranted:

Pneumococcal (PPSV23, PCV13): You may need a dose at age of 65 years or older, if you have not received this vaccination when you younger than 60. You need 1-2 doses if you smoke cigarettes or have certain chronic health conditions.

Zoster (shingles): If you are age 60 years or older, you should get a 1 time dose of this vaccine.

Hepatitis A: If you have a specific risk factor for Hepatitis A viral infection; consult with your provider.

Traveling outside of the USA, you may need additional vaccines. The CDC website can suggest recommended vaccines for the areas of travel.


Previous Health News:
Welcome Back
Lyme Disease
Melrose Meds
Lawn Meds
Meds Policy

Allergy Plan

Health Form