***** UNAPPROVED MINUTES *****
PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES
The meeting was called to order at and the following members were present:
Gary Girard Andrew Kallfelz
Betty Hubbard Victor Calabretta
Lisa Bryer, AICP Town Planner
Cinthia Reppe Recording Clerk
Richard Pastore, PE Town Engineering Consultant
I. Approval of Minutes from
A motion was made by Commissioner Calabretta and seconded by Commissioner Kallfelz to accept the minutes as written. So unanimously voted. Commissioner Hubbard abstains.
1. FYI Zoning Board of Review Agenda
2. FYI Approval for Anita Godena. Received
3. CRMC Insignificant Alteration Permit- Bartholomew Catanzaro 3 Woodcrest Dr., Johnston, RI 02919; 55 feet east of Beach Ave and approximately 115 ft southeast of its intersection with Riptide St., across from Utility Pole No 12 on Riptide St., Assessors Plat 5 Lot 164, Jamestown, RI. Received
4. CRMC Assent Thomas R & Linda Pearson 15
Seaside Dr., Jamestown, RI; construct a residential boating facility consisting
of a 4x92 fixed timber pier, 4x10 fixed timber stairway and 4x15 fixed
timber L section with 2 tie-off piles.
The facility will extend 66 beyond MLW(including the tie-off
piles. Licated at plat 14, lot 18,
5. CRMC Assent Isenberg Family Ltd. Partnership,
6. CRMC Assent -Mark Lancaster, 175 Narragansett Ave.,
Jamestown, RI 02835; remove an existing dwelling; construct a new 4 bedroom
dwelling to be located 130 ft from the coastal feature, swimming pool and ISDS. Located at plat 4, lot 49; 388
7. CRMC Certificate of Maintenance Joan Engel/David
Guiney 43 Avondale Rd.,
8. CRMC Certificate of Maintenance Duncan Laurie, 275
Beavertail Rd., Jamestown, RI 02835; alteration to existing septic system in
accordance to pla approved by DEM #0315-2782.
Located at plat 10, lot 124; 2
9. CRMC Finding of No Significant Impact Joseph & Nancy Logan, 149 Seaside Dr., Jamestown, RI 02835; construct and maintain a 12x12 deck addition to their existing deck. Located at plat 5, lot 12. Received
III. Citizens Non Agenda Item nothing at this time
1. Town Planners Report
Town Planner Lisa Bryer informed the Planning Commission that an administrative subdivision for the Lopes property was approved and that parking will be required to be on the site.
2. Town Committees
3. Sub Committees
III. PUBLIC HEARING
2002 Comprehensive Community Plan Public Hearing - Changes to Town approved plan based upon comments from R.I. Statewide Planning
Commissioner Girard opened the hearing at
Town Planner Lisa Bryer went over the changes that were made to the Comprehensive plan based upon the comments from Statewide Planning. Commissioner Girard asked if there were any questions from the members of the audience:
David Lussier 2 Prospect Ave handed out information
regarding Plat 2 Lot 47 regarding the future land use map and stated that the
designation of Lot 47 being was changed from the public facility category. The Town Planner recollected that
Commissioner Girard explained to Mr. Lussier that this hearing pertains to the changes that have been made to the Comprehensive Plan as suggested by Statewide Planning and nothing additional. He suggested that Mr. Lussier discuss this with the Town Council.
Commissioner Girard asked if there were any other comments, with no additional comments being made the public hearing was closed at
A motion to approve the changes to the town approved Comprehensive Community Plan based upon comments from RI Statewide Planning was made by Commissioner Girard and seconded by Commissioner Calabretta. So unanimously voted.
A motion was made by Commissioner Hubbard and seconded by Commissioner Calabretta to forward the changes to the Town Council for a public hearing. So unanimously voted.
VI. Old Business
1. Zoning Ordinance article 314 - protection of critical lands containing freshwater wetlands, high ground water table and/or shallow impervious layer Amendments
A motion was made by Commissioner Calabretta and seconded by Commissioner Kallfelz to approve the amendments to Zoning Ordinance section 103 and 314 regarding the High ground water table and impervious layer overlay district and to forward the amendments to the Town Council for Public Hearing. So unanimously voted.
2. Downtown Parking Plan Finalizing Conclusions and Recommendations
A discussion regarding the final changes to the Downtown Parking Plan ensued and there were some minor changes made in several sections of the document. A motion was made by Commissioner Girard and seconded by Commissioner Calabretta to approve the plan as amended and to forward it to the Town Council. So unanimously voted.
VII. New Business
Commissioner Hubbard was selected to be the liaison to the Fort Getty Master Plan Committee.
New Planning Commissioner William Kelly was selected to be the liaison to the Affordable Housing Committee.
A motion to adjourn was made by Commissioner Calabretta and seconded by Commissioner Kallfelz at So unanimously voted.