PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES
February 20, 2002
The meeting was called to order at 7:33 p.m. and the following members were present:
Rob Lambert Laura Aibel
Betty Hubbard Dennis Webster
Lisa Bryer, AICP, Town Planner
Michaela Kennedy - Jamestown Press
I. Reading and Approval of Minutes from February 6,2002
A motion was made by Commissioner Webster and seconded by Commissioner Barker to accept the minutes with the following change: add Sue Barker arrives at 7:33 p.m.
Rob Lambert - Aye Laura Aibel - Aye
Betty Hubbard - Abstain Dennis Webster - Aye
Sue Barker - Aye
Motion passes by a vote of 4-1 Abstain
1. DEM - Mark and Jeane Girard Bark Ave, Jamestown, RI 02835; Opposition of a variance from RIDEM for an ISDS located at Plat 16 Lot 40. Received
III. Citizen's Non Agenda Item
Michaela Kennedy read aloud a statement about the date and time.
IV. Reports- nothing at this time
a. Town Planner's Submitted Report
b. Town Committees
c. Sub Committees
V. Old Business
1. Proposed Zoning Ordinance Amendment - relating to Businesses Operating from Marina Slips, docks and / or moorings including Ferry Service and Parking.
A discussion ensued regarding changes to this proposed Zoning Ordinance Amendment as a result of the Town Councils comments. The changes will be summarized and discussed at the second meeting in March.
2. Narragansett Electric - Review of Correspondence
A motion was made by Commissioner Aibel and seconded by Commissioner Barker to forward the memo to the Town Council. So unanimously voted.
3. Proposed Zoning Ordinance Amendment - High Groundwater Table - nothing at this time, move on to New Business
VI. New Business
1. Proposed Zoning Ordinance Amendment - relating to Article 7 Section 709 - Adjacent non-conforming lots of Record under the same ownership
A discussion ensued and the Planning Commissioners decided they would like to seek the advice of the Town Solicitor regarding what needs to be included to 1. Meet Enabling Legislation and 2. Be Legally Defensible.
A motion was made by Commissioner Webster and seconded by Commissioner Lambert to adjourn the meeting at 9:50 p.m. So unanimously voted.
Lisa Bryer, AICP